A CALL TO ACTION
The Mandate monitoring Directorate of Mandateguard Initiative upon its Terms of Reference from it’s Board of Trustees, having reviewed the circumstances that led to the just postponed Presidential election and after considered deliberations of its working committe resolves as follows :
1. We urge the immediate arrest and interrogation of all affected electoral offices fingered in the build to the postponement
2. Deployment of new and fresh electoral officers for the postponed elections
3. Arrest, interrogation of the INEC commissioner for logistics to shed light on the still on-going compromise of sensitive electoral materials.
4. Immediate audit by security operatives, observers and stakeholders of all sensitive electoral materials.
5. Immediate reprogramming of all digital electoral gadgets like card readers
6. Immediate Review and update or change of compromised sensitive electoral materials.
7. INEC via its management must assure Nigerians of it’s readiness and capacity to officiate these elections.
8.The DSS, NIGERIAN POLICE, NIA and sister agencies should step up its operations and arrest all those who are directly or remotely connected to recent efforts to destabilize the nation through the compromise of our electoral processes.
Otunba Akinbola Shobowale